Avocado, Black Bean, and Corn Salad
Here’s a great recipe with many ways to enjoy the final dish. This salad goes great with tortilla chips, on bagels, or just eaten as it is. Not only that, but you probably already have most of the ingredients you need for this dish!
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 avocados, seeded and cubed. (*see note)
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped (optional)
- 1-2 mangoes (optional, adds sweetness and is surprisingly nice in this mix)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons pure maple syrup, agave, or any sweetener
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, more if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
As we said, this recipe is very simple. First, in a large bowl toss all of your salad ingredients except the avocados. In another bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the dressing, and then pour dressing on your veggies. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Before serving, add in the diced avocados and mix gently, making sure to not mash the avocados. Garnish with a more chopped cilantro if desired, and serve at room temperature!
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe. We had to share it because of how easy and delicious it looked. If you don’t already have most of the ingredients, you can stop in at Goffle Brook Farms for freshly grown crops on sale today!